We love this study because it shows older adults are fully capable of utilizing telemedicine.
Summary of the study:
- 1,500 older people participated
- 500 telemedicine encounters were evaluated
Results of study:
- Telemedicine eliminated 1 in 5 ER visits
- 90% of the cases required no additional care by primary care physicians
- 97% of the cases were diagnosed and given treatment recommendations by doctors, physician’s assistants, or nurse practitioners
How successful was this pilot you ask? A whopping 87% of the participants said they would choose a residential facility based on telemedicine availability.
Curious about telemedicine? Learn more about how you can start exploring telemedicine today!